Who am I?


I am Ellen.



I currently live on a farm and I'm a writer. At times, I'm Grace Valentina Hartley, and sometimes I'm Victoria N. Osamělý. But the spirit in my written work is always Ellen. I shall share the goings-on of my farm along with some of my work as soon as I finish introducing myself.

I have been told that I am a romantique and that my style is bohemian; I cannot disagree with either. I'm a long-dress-wearing, long-hair-braided, flowers-in-my-hair, colourful, living-on-dreams type of girl. I am not afraid to be, or more importantly, look, unique.

I enjoy cooking, baking, sewing, knitting, nature walks, daydreaming, having light-hearted chats with close friends, dressing up in fancy clothes, wearing make-up, frolicking with the sheep, goats, and cats, playing with children, and talking to my grandmama.

I also love to read. I came up with my own quote explaining part of my reading obsession: "I read to escape; to escape reality." It is based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' famous line: "I write to escape; to escape poverty."

My favourite authors include Lucy Maud Montgomery, Louisa May Alcott, Jane Austen, the Bronte Sisters, Grace S. Richmond, Grace Livingstone Hill, Elizabeth Gaskell, Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, R. Austin Freeman, Susan Coolidge, Enid Blyton, Richard Hannay, Gene Stratton-Porter, Agatha Christie, Anna Katharine Green, and Edgar Rice-Burroughs.

I relish all types of fairy-tales from all different countries, but my most favourite genres are mystery, adventure, historical-fictional-romance, and anything vintage, as long as it's "clean". I am also very fond of mythical, mystical, magical folklore. I adore Norse mythology, I think Ireland, Scotland, and Switzerland most beautiful because of their lush countryside and rich history, and I am quite partial to all the little fairies in the world. (when I was little, the "Man in the Moon" was such a romantic notion for me 😂)

I used to want to study medicine and become a doctor because I thought that it was a heroic job. Doctors are often on-call and have to sometimes rush off to a patient in the middle of a meal or during the night. In case of war, doctors would need to risk their lives to help save people.
After moving to the farm and living here for a year, I have realized that I would much rather be a free spirit. I would rather live on a farm, despite the mucky-gucky barn duties and some tiresome days, and have free time to pursue my reading and writing career, and whatever other ideas pop into my head.

I have to admit that my writing has not progressed far. I can hardly remain on one storyline/plot long enough to finish it because when I sit to write, my brain starts buzzing and teeming with all sorts of new ideas for other, more interesting or touching stories. 

My intention for writing is one: to preserve and share the memorable events that have occurred and are currently happening in my life in a way that will touch the reader, making them laugh and cry along with me. I do add in fiction and fantasy to make my writing all the more appealing, but as of yet, I have only one little book that is complete and can be shared with the world. Perhaps it will be lucky and find its way into a future blog post.

Presently, I shall bid all of thee farewell, as I believe I have introduced myself most admirably and most thoroughly. Until I decide on what to write about next, I shall remain,
Your new acquaintance, 
Ellen Hamilton 💖


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update ... Summer ... Autumn ... Winter

First came Laddie, then followed Coco, and now ... Popcorn 🤔